To acquire your own NetSuite instance, you must purchase a NetSuite license by going to NetSuite's website and contacting their sales team.
Rutter can also help you get access to one of our sandbox instances for development purposes. These instances come with pre-existing data. Please contact your Rutter success manager to learn more.
Developer Account Setup
No additional developer account setup is needed.
The NetSuite authentication flow consists of a few steps, which are outlined below. These steps must be followed correctly to successfully connect a new NetSuite instance through Rutter Link.
Install the AccountLink NetSuite Bundle
- Open the NetSuite Search & Install Bundles Menu
- Search for: AccountLink
- Ensure that the ID is correct (ID: 451666) and click Install Note: If there are any conflicts on the Bundle Installation page, the safe solution would be to 'Add and Rename'
Enable SuiteCloud features
- Open the NetSuite Enable Features Page
- Navigate to the SuiteCloud tab inside your setup page
- Enable the following features:
- SuiteScript - CLIENT SUITESCRIPT
- SuiteScript - SERVER SUITESCRIPT
- SuiteTalk (Web Services) - REST WEB SERVICES
- Manage Authentication - TOKEN-BASED AUTHENTICATION
- Click Save
Please confirm that you have successfully completed the following steps:
- Ensure that the 'AccountLink' Bundle (ID: 451666) has finished installation (Check the Installed Bundles Page and wait for there to be a green checkmark under Status).
- Ensure that the required SuiteCloud features have been enabled.
How does a user revoke access to Rutter through NetSuite?
They can revoke the token created following this article.
Accounting platforms can refer to Rutter objects by different names internally.
NetSuite uses multiple objects to represent a Rutter expense: Credit Card Charges and Journal Entries.