PrestaShop is a self-hosted platform so there are many different ways to get started with a PrestaShop store. You can even host on localhost using Ngrok . The following steps are the recommended way to set up PrestaShop.
Create a Prestashop Test Store
- Go to https://www.ionos.com/ecommerce-solutions/prestashop-hosting and scroll down, and pick a package.
- For a test store, the Essential tier will suffice
- Feel free to grab a custom domain. But for test store purpose, there is no need
- Skip all other add-ons and continue and complete the checkout flow
- After completing the the payment, you will be redirected to this page. Wait a minute or two before the Get started button activates.
- Log into the newly created account at https://my.ionos.com and click Websites & Stores
- Scroll down the App Center and Select app
- Find PrestaShop in the list and click Install, and follow the instruction
- In the end, you will see this summary page. Click Install and wait for about 10 minutes.
- Wait for an email that will notify you it’s completed. Then go back to https://my.ionos.com and Click Websites & Stores again to see the test PrestaShop store you created. Click Edit Website to get into your admin page of PrestaShop
- Type in the admin email and password you set up in step 3. Notice that the URL you are using now is also the URL you will use to log into your admin panel.
- Once logged in, on the left side, go to Advanced Parameters → Webservice
- Make sure you enable PrestaShop’s webservice and click Save
- Click Add new webservice key
- Generate key and input scope you will need. To be safe, just check all scopes. Notice this is also the step your clients will need to take. And Click Save
Launch Your PrestaShop App
- Since Prestashop is open sourced and there is no dedicated app marketplace. You can launch your PrestaShop app as soon as you finished development.