Create a Sage Business Cloud app and configure it so that you can process accounting data through Rutter.
Create a Sage Business Cloud App
- Pre-req: Make sure you have a Developer Account set up for Sage Business Cloud. Follow the instructions to register for an account here: https://developerselfservice.sageone.com/session/new.
- Navigate to your Sage Business Cloud Dashboard and click on “Create app” following the official instruction. Fill in the app name and set the callback urls to include https://production.rutterapi.com/sagebusinesscloud/proxy/redirect-url as a redirect URI.
Share your production client_id and client_secret with Rutter
- First, get the client_id and client_secret from Sage. To do this:
- Navigate to app you just created in the step above. Find the client_id and client_secret under App Credentials
- Then, share these two values to Rutter by entering them in the Dashboard:
- Login to the Rutter Dashboard
- Make sure you’re in Production Mode. Navigate to Platforms, select the Accounting menu, and click on Sage Business Cloud.
- Copy the client_id and client_secret into the text boxes and click Save.
Log in to the Dashboard and Open up the Auth flow
- On the Rutter Dashboard, navigate to Connections on the sidebar. Click Create New Connection on the top right.
- Copy the shareable URL below.
- The url will open up the auth flow where you can select Sage Business Cloud from the platforms selection menu.
- The merchant connects to Sage Business Cloud by signing into their Sage account to authenticate.
- You should see the following screen, indicating a successful connection: